The Arena is a 28-day epic championship event where Hunters battle solo against a series of Behemoths.
Last one standing on the highest spot of the leaderboard will forever be immortalized as an Arena champion. That means respect, power and status worthy of a gladiator.
How it works
There are five groups of Behemoths. For each group, there are 5 ranks of battle to progress through. Each battle features a series of Behemoths you must defeat solo, and in succession. Only Hunters level 50 and above can participate.
Groups = Behemoths
The group you participate in determines the Behemoths you’ll be fighting, as well as the rules you have to comply with.
- For the inaugural Arena event, there are 5 Behemoths in a group. However, this may vary for future Arena events.
- Battle rules can include restrictions (only use a specific weapon class) or forced status effects (decrease in Recovery Magi speed)
Progress through the ranks
For each group, there are 5 ranks of battles to clear. The ranks are how you prove yourself worthy of joining the leaderboard.
You must attain victory in the Rank C arena battle first, before progressing up to Rank B → Rank A → Rank S → Rank SS. You’ll battle the same Behemoths throughout the 5 ranks of a group, but at different levels. The more you progress, the stronger (higher level) the Behemoths.
Ready, set…BATTLE, BATTLE, BATTLE, BATTLE, BATTLE!
In every arena battle, you’ll be fighting solo against a series of Behemoths. Defeat them solo, and in succession: Behemoth 1 → Behemoth 2 → Behemoth 3 → and so on.
Arena battles can operate based on a time limit or a time attack mode.
- Time limit: Defeat the entire group of Behemoths within a specific time.
- Time attack: Defeat the entire group of Behemoths in the shortest time possible.
For the inaugural Arena event, Ranks C, B, A and S arena battles will operate on the time limit mode, while Rank SS arena battles will operate on the time attack mode.
To qualify for the leaderboard, you must complete the time attack (Rank SS) battles and set a timing or ‘clear time’. If you do not complete the time attack (Rank SS) battles, the timing logged will be 59.99.999.
To be an Arena champion…
- Make sure you compete in ALL the groups.
- During time attack battles (for all groups), defeat all the Behemoths as fast as you can!